- Cf. kualapa.
- Ka puhi lapa i ke ale, eel playing in the hollows.
- Lapa kai, restless, active sea.
- Hoʻolapa ka ʻōpū, a disturbed stomach.
- Ua wala kīʻaha paha, ke hoʻolapa mai nei, the glass is tilted back perhaps, getting active.
- PPN lapa.
b. (Cap.) Wind famous at Kaʻū.
3. n., Bamboo liners, for tapa printing.
4. n., Orifice of the womb.
5. n., Clot, as of blood.
6. n., A variety of sweet potato.
7. n., A variety of taro.
8. n., Male mahimahi fish.
9. vt., To slacken off the lower section on an ʻōpelu bag net; part of the catch remains in the water, and the top part only of the net is raised to the canoe and the catch taken; a large catch would be too heavy to bring up at once.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log