1. n. Small root, rootlet, vein, artery, nerve, tendon, muscle.
- Figuratively, womb, offspring.
- Aʻa koni, throbbing vein or artery, pulse; throbbing, as with excitement or passion.
- Aʻa lewalewa, aerial roots, as put forth by ʻōhiʻa trees at high altitudes or in damp climates.
- ʻŌ kuʻu aʻa kēia, this is my offspring.
- Kuʻu kaikaina i ke aʻa hoʻokahi, my younger sibling of the same womb.
- Ke koko maloko o nā aʻa, blood in the veins.
- See ex., cerebral hemorrhage.
- PPN aka , PPN waka .
2. nvt. To send greetings or love; joyous hospitality; joy at greeting a loved one.
- Makamaka aʻa, friend who is warmly hospitable.
- Ā e aʻa ana ʻo mea mā iāʻoe, then they send their regards to you.
- Cf. haaʻa.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log