1. nvi., Stranded, aground or wrecked, as a ship; to run aground; to run over, as with a car; to set, as the sun.
2. nvi., Inheritance; to inherit.
- Ili aku mai ka makua a ke keiki, passing in inheritance from father to son.
- Cf. ilina.
3. nvi., To fall upon, as sorrow, responsibility, blessings (Kanl. 28.2), curses (Kanl. 28.15).
- E ili ai ka hewa o ke keʻena kapu (Nah. 18.1), shall bear the iniquity of the sanctuary.
- Ua ili maluna o mea ke kanikau ʻana no ka make ʻana o kō lāua pōkiʻi, there befell so-and-so a sorrow for the death of their younger brother.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log