- Pau ka haʻawina, the lesson is finished.
- Pau ke kaʻa i ka nāhāhā, the car was completely destroyed.
- Pau ʻeka, very dirty, filthy.
- Oki pau ka hana a ka huila, extremely wonderful is the doing of the wheel.
- Pau nā luna i ka ʻeha, all the officers were injured.
- Pau i ka lilo, all sold, gone, taken, consumed.
- Ka pau ʻana ihola nō ia o kaʻu haʻawina, my lesson is just finished.
- Pau Pele, pau manō, consumed by Pele, consumed by a shark [an oath meaning “may I be destroyed if I have not spoken truth”].
- Pau poʻo, pau hiʻu, consumed head, consumed tail [total destruction].
- PNP pau.
2. idiom. Said to be (used in special idioms, unfavorably).
- Hele akula i kauhale e kamaʻilio ai, i laila pau koʻu hiamoe nui, ka hana ʻole, going to houses of others and chatting, there saying that Iʻm sleeping all the time, doing no work.
- Pau kona lapuwale i nā hoahānau, said by his cousins to be worthless.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. ｜ This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.