- Piʻi ka ʻula, to blush, flush.
- A ʻula! ʻUla ka maka! Red! Red-eyed! [a rude remark, often said while drawing down an eyelid, a way of wishing ill luck].
2. n., Short for koaʻe ʻula, red-tailed tropic bird.
4. n., Blood.
- He ʻula waiwai, blood of great value, as royal blood.
5. n., Agate.
- Puk. 30.12.
6. Same as ʻula ʻai hāwane.
7. n., A ringing in the ears, as due to rising in altitude, believed by some to be a sign that one is being talked of.
- Ke kani mai nei ka ʻula o koʻu pepeiao, [I] hear my ear ringing.
- Kapuaʻikaʻula (Oʻahu place name), footprint [of] spirits.
- Cf. ʻūlāleo.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.