1. n., General name for fishes included in the families Eleotridae 🌐, Gobiidae 🌐, and Blennidae 🌐. Some are in salt water near the shore, others in fresh water, and some said to be in either fresh or salt water.
- ʻOʻopu ʻai lehua, poetic description of ʻoʻopu found in upland streams where lehua flowers drop into the water; literally, lehua-eating ʻoʻopu.
- Kau ke alapiʻi a ka ʻoʻopu, the ʻoʻopu fish form a stairway [ʻoʻopu are said to jump over rocks from pool to pool].
- See also alamoʻo, naniha, ʻōkuhe, ʻoau #1.
- PCP kokopu .
2. (Cap.) n., Name of a wind associated with Waiheʻe, Maui.
- For. 5:101.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log