1. nvi., To bark, as a dog; to howl (Ioela 1.5), bowwow; lamentation, cry of distress; doleful creature (Isa. 13.21), sad (perhaps aoa).
- PCP (k)aoa.
2. n., A small shellfish (Melampus castaneus 🌐), strung in leis.
- PCP ka(ʻ,l)oa.
3. Same as ʻiliahi, sandalwood.
4. n., Name for sacrificial places near fishponds where semiannual offerings were made, as of taro, bananas, mullet, kohekohe sedge, and black pigs. (Ii 26.)
5. (Cap.) n., Name of a sea breeze associated with Honolulu and elsewhere.
6. n., Hour.
- Ka Nonanona, 1844.
Ua hoʻololi ʻia e ko Wehewehe Wikiwiki. / This entry was modified by Wehewehe Wikiwiki.