1. n., Water-soluble colloidal ocherous earth, used for coloring salt, for medicine, for dye, and formally in the purification ceremony called hiʻuwai; any red coloring matter; according to Dr. Frank Tabrah (Kam. 76:149), brick-red soil containing hematite.
- Ua ʻalaea (For. 4:399), red rain [red of the rainbow].
2. n., Flesh-like redness, especially the dark red meat close to the spine of some fish, as of the aku.
3. n., Annatto dye plant (Bixa orellana 🌐), a tropical American shrub or small tree, bearing fruit with scarlet seeds, used for dyeing.
- Neal 589.
5. n., Bad breath, halitosis.
6. n., Fore part of thigh; long narrow thigh muscle.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log