- Figuratively, useless.
- Ahu ka ʻalaʻala! Just a pile of squid ink sac [no use]!
- He aha ka ʻalaʻala o kēnā mea āu i hoʻihoʻi mai nei? What’s the good of that octopus ink sac you’ve brought home?
- He aha kāna ʻalaʻala? What’s he good for?
- He aha kō ʻalaʻala (For. 5:569)? What's your reason?
- Mai ʻalaʻala paha auaneʻi i ka ua kawaʻahia, perhaps his neck will be scarred in the rain of Kawaʻahia [in trouble].
- Kam. 64:115.
- PNP kakala ; cf. Rennellese kakaga.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log