ʻaeʻae/ ʻae.ʻae /
1. Reduplication of ʻae #3.
- Hulu ʻaeʻae, downy feathers.
- Ka ʻai ʻaeʻae, soft food or poi.
2. n., A small native shrub (Lycium sandwicense) growing near salt marshes and among rocks near the sea. It has light-colored bark; succulent, narrow pale-green leaves about 2.6 cm long; small white to blue-tinted flowers; and small red berries.
- Neal 740.
3. n., Water hyssop, a succulent herb (Bacopa monnieria).
- Cf. Neal 759.
4. Reduplication of ʻae #4.
- ʻAeʻae kai, raise of the tide; froth of the seas.
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log