1. nvs., Different, strange, peculiar, unusual, heathen (Biblical), other; away off, elsewhere; beforehand, already, before, premature, in advance (sometimes translated ‘had’ and called by Andrews [Gram. 1.4] a sign of the pluperfect tense, although it is used after the imperative mood).
- I kahi ʻē ka ua, waele ʻē ke pulu (saying), when the rain is elsewhere, open up beforehand the mulch [prepare for rain before it comes].
- He ʻē! How strange! [It] is gone, past!
- Holo ʻē lākou, they fled beforehand (away, elsewhere).
- Hele ma kahi ʻē! Go away! Get out!
- ʻIke ʻē lākou, they already knew.
2. interjection, Yes (unemphatic, as in mild agreement and indicating that one has heard; cf. ʻae).
3. n., The letter “e”.
4. n., Key of A (music).
Papa helu loli ｜ Wehewehe Wikiwiki update log