Health Professions Student Center (HPSC)
Welcome to the Health Professions Student Center. We provide guidance and support to students interested in health professions like dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, and veterinary science. Our mission is to help you achieve your health profession aspiration.
We can help you:
- Decide on an appropriate academic major;
- Schedule required courses in the proper sequence;
- Connect with faculty and health professionals for research , internship, and shadowing opportunities;
- Write personal statement and prepare your CV;
- Complete your admissions materials; and
- Practice for admissions interviews.
We also provide a quiet place to study and network with fellow students.
The pre-nursing curriculum is a set of courses that prepares students for admittance into the BSN degree program in the School of Nursing at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Completion of the pre-nursing curriculum does not guarantee admission into the BSN program. The pre-nursing curriculum can also be used to pursue the Liberal Studies: Health Care Administration degree.
The Pre-pharmacy Program is a comprehensive preparatory program of study toward admittance into the College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Completion of the Pre-Pharmacy Course Curriculum or equivalent is required for admission into the professional curriculum leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.). These requirements may be completed in two years of intensive study, after which successful applicants to the Pharm.D. program continue their studies for an additional four years, for a minimum of six years of college. The coursework is structurally aligned with the curriculum requirements toward a BA or BS degree in Biology or Chemistry at UH Hilo. Admission into and completion of the Pre-pharmacy program does not guarantee admission into the Doctor of Pharmacy Program at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- BS-Biology Cell Pre-Pharmacy 4 Year Map
- BA-Chemistry Biosciences Pre-Pharmacy 4 Year Map
- Pre-Pharmacy Program Website
- Pre-Pharmacy Club on Facebook
- Pre-Pharmacy Club on Instagram
Other Health Related Programs at UH Hilo
View more information on the Other Health Related Programs at UH Hilo.
Health Professions Student Center Events
We are located in PB-13, Room 337D-D5. Please come to visit us often.
Hours: 9:30am to 4:30pm daily
Call or Email HPSC
Email: email@example.com Phone: (808) 932-7843