Copies of many of the forms below are also available at the Human Resources office in the Auxiliary Service Building (AUX), Room 106.
Casual New Hire
All forms are required and are applicable to this packet.
Forms that Must be Filled Out
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- The Employment Eligibility Verification Form is for the immigration and naturalization service. Get the I-9 Form and Instructions via the USCIS website.
- D-90, Employee's Designation of Beneficiary Form
- Designation of Beneficiary Form; Note: Form D-90 must be printed on yellow paper. The instructions must be printed on the reverse side of the form. This form must be typed and notarized .
- SSA-I945, Statement Concerning Employment is a Job Not Covered by Social Security
- Information about employment in a job not covered by Social Security. You must sign this form to show you have read it.
- Personnel Data Form
- Information form about your education and work experience. Please fill out the top then fill any addition information in the boxes below which is not included on your resume or on file.
- UH Form 22, Work Schedule Disclosure Form
- Required disclosure if you are working at or applying to any other University of Hawaiʻi department or campus.
- UH Form 27, Ethnic Background Form
- Form to which allows the University to keep track of the ethnic background of its employees.
- Form 92, General Confidentiality Notice
- Agreement to maintain personal information confidential.
- Part-time, Temporary and Seasonal/Casual (PTS) Employees Deferred Compensation Retirement Enrollment Form
- Form which allows you to enroll in the Part-Time, Temporary, and Seasonal/Casual Employees (PTS) deferred compensation retirement plan.
- UH Form 88 - Disclosure of the Employment of Relatives
- Form to report employment of a relative.
- UH Form 109 - Act 179 Acknowledgement Form and ERS Flyer
- For Board of Regents appointed employees
- ERS Form 209 - Certification of Compliance with Requirements for Employment of a Retirant
Notices that Require You to Do Something
- Social Security Card Notification
- Notification that a copy (or 2 copies for 89-day hires) of your current social security card is required on submission.
- TB Examination Notice
- Notification that a current tuberculosis certification (within a year) will be needed before starting work at UH Hilo, for appointments of more than 15 days.
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Instructions regarding direct deposit of salary payments. This is a requirement by the State of Hawaiʻi H.R.S. 40-53. It requires employees paid by the State to assign their paychecks to a financial institution. For the University employees, employee must register for their Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) once they have their UH User account. After registering for your MFA, you must enroll in direct deposit in the Hawaii Information Portal (HIP).
- Part-time, Temporary and Seasonal/Casual Employees (PTS) Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan Information and Enrollment Form
- PTS Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan – Employee Information Booklet
- Booklet contains information about the PTS Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan.
- Affordable Care Act Notice
- Information about the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) and employee health insurance coverage options through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- UH Workplace Non-Violence Policy and Procedures
- Notice about the University Workplace Non-violence policy and procedures.
- UH Hilo Workplace Violence Incident Reporting Procedures
- How and who to report workplace violence incidents.
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Notice that the University is a drug-free workplace.
- Smoking Regulations
- Website about Hawaiʻi's Smoke-Free Law.
- Crime Awareness and Campus Security Notice
- Link to UH Hilo Campus Crime Awareness website.
- Nondiscrimination, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Policies
- Notification on the University's nondiscrimination, sexual harassment and sexual assault policies.
- State Observed Holiday Schedule
- Holidays observed by the University of Hawai‘i.
- Medical and Prescription Drug Plans for Part-time and Temporary Employees
- Information about health coverage offered by HMSA and Kaiser for employees who are not eligible to participate in EUTF health benefits. Participation is voluntary and must be at your own expense.
- Workers' Compensation Information
- Information on Workers' Compensation.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Information on the UH Employee Assistance Program