Charmaine K. Higa-McMillan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
- Affiliate Faculty, Center for Rural Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, University of Tulsa, 2004
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, University of Tulsa, 2001
- B.A. Psychology, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, 1999
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Hawaiʻi, 2007-Present
- Consulting Editor, Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic, 2011-Present
- Editorial Board, Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 2011-Present
- Evidence-Based Services Committee Member, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division, Department of Health, 2004-Present. www.helpyourkeiki.com
- Board of Directors, Hawaiʻi State Rural Health Association, 2016
Dr. Higa-McMillan's program of research is in the area of evidence-based practices for youth mental health. The first major goal of her research examines the nature of anxiety and depression in children and adolescents and the assessment of this psychopathology. The second major goal of Dr. Higa-McMillan's research program examines mental health services for children and adolescents in public mental health systems and the dissemination and implementation of treatment programs with demonstrated efficacy into community and school-based service settings, with an emphasis on meeting the needs of rural mental health systems.
- Current Research
- At The University