Faculty Congress Minutes 8/21/18
UH Hilo Faculty Congress Minutes of Meeting August 21, 2003
The meeting was called to order by vice-chair, Bill Mautz, at 2:06 p.m.
- Present : Bill Mautz, David Miller, Sabry Shehata, Helen Rogers, Barbara Heintz, Lincoln Gotshalk, April Komenaka, Bob Fox, Philippe Binder, Pila Wilson, Jerry Calton, Barbara Leonard
- Student Members: Liko Puha, Ginger Takeshita, Melvin Jadulang
- Ex Officio: Steve Hora, Margaret Haig
Minutes of the last meeting. Minutes from the meeting of May 9, 2003 were approved after having been amended: The last sentence was amended to say that committee representatives for the Course Evaluation Committee will be solicited for Agriculture, Business, and Hawaiian Language by the Congress representatives for those units.The reference to the fourth friendly amendment was deleted.
- Nominations for interim chairperson and secretary of the Congress. Jerry Calton and David Miller were nominated as interim chairperson, to serve until Haunani Bernardino's return. Both accepted the nomination. April Komenaka declined the nomination. Voting is to be conducted next week by email via B.J. Saito in Chris Lu's office. Barbara Leonard was nominated as secretary, accepted the nomination, and was elected by acclamation.
- Memorandum dated August 21, 2003 from Christopher Lu to Congress members. A memo from the VCAA was received, which details a number of endeavors for which he requests assistance from the Congress. The letter was referred to the Executive Committee
- Representation from Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻeliklani College of Hawaiian Language. Pila Wilson announced that he has been appointed by Kalena Silva to serve as his college's member until Haunani Bernardino returns. He also reported that he and Kauanoe Kamanā visited Haunani recently, and she seems very well. They expect that she will be returning in January.
Meeting adjourned at 2:20 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Helen Rogers
Subsequently, the election for Interim Chair of the UHH Congress was held. With a vote of 8 to 5, Jerry Calton was elected Interim Chair.