UH Hilo Faculty Congress
DRAFT Minutes of Special Meeting
October 14, 2003
The meeting was called to order by the chair, Jerry Calton , at 3:00 p.m.
- Present : Jerry Calton, Bill Mautz, Barbara Leonard, David Miller, Sabry Shehata, Helen Rogers, Barbara Heintz, Lincoln Gotshalk, Robert Fox, April Komenaka, Nina Buchanan, Pila Wilson
- Student Members: Ginger Takeshita, and Loli Mao
- Ex Officio: Margaret Haig, Steve Hora
- Guests: Don Price, Marcia Sakai, Jim Juvik, Don Hemmes
Jerry Calton announced the agenda of this special meeting and that, by the disclosure rule, a vote must be taken with a 2/3 majority required in order to vote on any proposal brought before the Congess in the absence of at least 1 week’s advance notice.
The agenda and need for a special meeting is for the Congress to consider approval of two items in advance of the Board of Regents Meeting on October 16:
- 1. The proposal to establish an MS degree program in Conservation Biology and Environmental Science (TCBES) at UH Hilo.
- 2. The proposal to establish a College of Business and Economics separate from the College of Arts and Sciences.