Motion to fill the full-time Curriculum Coordinator position in a Curriculum Office within Academic Affairs as soon as possible
- Whereas the following motion to create a full-time Curriculum Coordinator position was passed unanimously by Faculty Congress in Spring 2011:
- "The CCRC requests that the University create a full-time position for a Curriculum Coordinator who will be responsible for facilitating the development and review processes of curriculum."
- (Vote was 16 for, 0 opposed, 2 abstain. Motion passed.)
- Whereas the problems with the process of Curriculum Review still remain a major concern.
- Whereas these problems cannot be resolved by a single faculty member with one course release.
- Whereas curriculum decisions and their implementation need to be owned by Academic Affairs.
Therefore, the Faculty Congress requests the administration fill the full-time Curriculum Coordinator position in a Curriculum Office within Academic Affairs as soon as possible.
UH Hilo Faculty Congress Vote: Yes – 15, No – 0, Abstain - 1
Motion sent to Chancellor and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs October 30, 2014.
11.21.2014 - Update:
- The Search Committee is being assembled per Jean Ippolito.