College of Business and Economics Senate
Our Mission Statement
To assist individuals in acquiring the knowledge, attitudes and skills needed to be productive and responsible citizens in the global economy. The College serves students and communities primarily from the Island and State of Hawaii, as well as students from the U.S. mainland and the Asia/Pacific region. We are committed to:
- Providing a personalized, high-quality baccalaureate business and economics education
- Inspiring the development of ethical values and leadership skills within a context of cultural diversity
- Offering opportunities for hands-on learning
- Having a focus on smaller organizations
- Offering academic programs responsive to community needs
- Supporting faculty excellence in teaching, research and service, with primary emphasis in teaching.
The College of Business and Economics will become an important source of management expertise for Hawaii and the Pacific by focusing on management within smaller organizations and by utilizing the organizational, cultural and environmental diversity of its island setting. It will provide opportunities for hands-on learning within the community and for research collaboration with faculty. It will grow and acquire the resources to develop programs that address student and community interests. The College will maintain and further build a faculty with strong qualifications and a commitment to serve the needs of the unique student body at the University and the unique community that is Hawaii.
The COBE Senate is comprised of all tenured and tenure-track faculty in the COBE.