Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities
Award Criteria and Nomination Process
Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities Description
Presented to a tenure track faculty or a full-time BOR-classified professional staff member for outstanding achievement in scholarly and/or creative endeavors, including publication of well-reviewed books, publication in refereed journals, or performances or exhibitions at the state or national levels.
- All UH Hilo tenure-track faculty and full-time BOR-classified professional staff are eligible for this award, except for prior recipients of the award.
- Nominees who have retired within the academic year nominated will be considered.
The selection criteria include the following in order of importance:
- Quality of scholarly and/or creative activities: for example, publication of well-reviewed books, publication in refereed journals, performances or exhibitions at the state or national levels.
- Consistent and well-established pattern of endeavors over an extended period of time.
- Recognition accruing to the University of Hawai‘i as a result of these activities.
- Promise of future scholarly/creative contributions.
Administrators, faculty, staff, and/or students may nominate candidates for the award. Self-nominations are also welcome.
- A completed nomination form.
- A statement summarizing the extent to which the nominee meets award criteria.
- Optional materials may include letters of support and other pertinent information provided by the nominee or nominator(s).