Award Criteria and Nomination Process
Professional Staff Award Description
Presented to a professional staff member who has made major professional contributions to his/her unit and to the university as a whole, and has made a positive impact on the welfare of students and colleagues.
Eligibility and Nomination
- All UH Hilo full-time BOR-classified professional staff (including non-instructional faculty and APTs) are eligible for this award, except for prior recipients of the award.
- Nominees who have retired within the academic year nominated will be considered.
The selection criteria include the following in order of importance:
- Job mastery and creativity; mastery in executing job responsibilities; sound critical judgment; ability to extend, expand, or create programs and/or services to enhance present programs and/or services.
- Major professional contributions to the unit and to UH Hilo as a whole.
- Professional impact on the welfare of students and colleagues.
Administrators, faculty, staff, and/or students may nominate candidates for the award. Self-nominations are also welcome.
- A completed nomination form.
- A statement summarizing the extent to which the nominee meets award criteria.
- Optional materials may include letters of support and other pertinent information provided by the nominee or nominator(s).