Outstanding Support Employee
Award Criteria and Nomination Process
Outstanding University Support Employee Award Description
Presented to a university support service employee who has made significant contributions to the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo.
Eligibility and Nomination
- Nominee must be working as a secretarial, clerical, technical or paraprofessional employee at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo.
- Nominees who have retired within the academic year nominated will be considered.
- Nomination must be an individual nomination – no group or team nominations.
- Nominee must go beyond the call of his/her duties.
Criteria for nomination include (but are not limited to) exceptional contributions to:
- Develop procedure(s) to save UH Hilo money or make operations more efficient.
- Show sustained superior performance on the job.
- Exemplify excellence in service to students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Other related criteria.
Administrators, faculty, staff or students may nominate candidates for the award.
- A completed nomination form.
- A statement summarizing the extent to which the nominee meets award criteria.
- Optional materials may include letters of support and other pertinent information provided by the nominee or nominator(s).