Excellence In Service Award Criteria
Award Criteria and Nomination Process
Excellence in Service Award Description
Presented to a faculty or professional staff member who provides service related professional skills to the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo and their community.
Eligibility and Nomination
- All UH Hilo tenure-track faculty and full-time Board of Regent-classified professional staff (including APTs and executives) are eligible for this award, except for prior recipients of the award.
- Nominees who have retired within the academic year nominated will be considered.
The selection criteria include the following in order of importance:
- Quality of performance: active participation and attendance on committees, satisfactory presentation and/or completion of service activities.
- Impact of service: improvement or enhancement to group arising as a result of service activity.
- Quantity of service contributions: number of service contributions and hours consumed in service activities.
Administrators, faculty, staff, and/or students may nominate candidates for the award. Self-nominations are also welcome.
- A completed nomination form.
- A statement summarizing the extent to which the nominee meets award criteria.
- Optional materials may include letters of support and other pertinent information provided by the nominee or nominator(s).