Excellence in Building and Grounds Maintenance
Award Criteria and Nomination Process
Excellence in Building and Ground Maintenance Award Description
Presented to a building or ground maintenance employee who has made significant contributions to the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo.
Eligibility and Nomination
- Nominee must be working as a janitorial, grounds or maintenance employee at UH Hilo.
- Nominees who have retired within the academic year nominated will be considered.
- Nomination must be an individual nomination, not a group or team.
- Nominee must go beyond the call of his/her duties.
The selection committee will evaluate nominations based on exceptional contributions to:
- Improve the physical appearance of the campus.
- Participate in the beautification of buildings and grounds.
- Develop procedure(s) to save UH Hilo money or make operations more efficient.
- Show sustained superior performance on the job.
- Exemplify excellence in service to students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Nominations may also cite other related criteria.
Administrators, faculty, staff, and/or students may nominate candidates for the award.
- A completed nomination form.
- A statement summarizing the extent to which the nominee meets award criteria.
- Optional materials may include letters of support and other pertinent information provided by the nominee or nominator(s).