Accreditation: Institutional Portfolio
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is accredited by the Senior Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). This accreditation was reaffirmed on March 6th, 2015, for a period of 7 years. The next scheduled WASC review will occur in 2021, with site visits scheduled for Fall 2020.
Our institutional web portfolio is a work-in-progress, organized by the Four Standards of our accrediting commission. Here we make available to the entire community the documents, reports, and data which characterize the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, its mission, aspirations, and performance as an institution of higher learning.
- Documents for 2016-2017 Interim Report
- Documents for 2013-2014 Institutional Review for Reaffirmation of Accreditation
- Communications with the Senior Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Standard 1. Defining Institutional Purposes and Ensuring Educational Objectives
- Standard 2. Achieving Educational Objectives through Core Functions
- Standard 3. Developing and Applying Resources and Organizational Structures to Ensure Sustainability
- Standard 4. Creating an Organization Committed to Learning and Improvement
- Program Accreditation by External Agencies
- Programs Completing Substantive Change Review