Distance Learning Exam Proctoring
UH System Students
Distance learning exam proctoring is a free service for all UH System students.
Contact your professor/instructor and request that all materials be sent to the following email address at least 5 (five) days prior to the exam open date: email@example.com
- Distance learning proctoring is by appointment only, please call 808-932-7882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment at least 48 hours in advance.
- Proctoring hours are:
- Monday - Friday, seating between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All exams must be completed by 4:30 pm.
- Additional hours are available for special accommodated exams as determined by UH Hilo Disability Services.
- When calling or emailing to schedule an appointment, please be sure to provide the following information: - Class Name and Number: example: (ENG 100,etc.) - Originating Campus - Preferred date and time
UH System Faculty/Staff
Instructors are expected to know and adhere to these distance learning testing and test proctoring guidelines:
- Tests for on-line courses should be administered on-line.
- It is the responsibility of the distance learning instructor to inform his/her students of materials needed for all course tests.
- Only distance learning faculty are authorized to make changes or corrections to their course tests. Changes or corrections cannot and will not be made by testing center personnel.
Although every effort will be made to accommodate faculty requests for testing dates and times, because of increased demand for services at individual University of Hawai'i testing sites, exact testing dates and times may vary slightly due to the testing site's normal business hours and limitations of space and staff.
For more information and forms, please click here: Proctoring Services.
Non-UH System Students
The UH Hilo Testing Center provides distance learning exam proctoring for non-UH System college and university students. To schedule an appointment, contact the UH Hilo Testing Center.
- Please call (808) 932-7882 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. (There is a $25 per hour exam fee due at the conclusion of the exam).
Contact your professor/ instructor and request that all test materials be sent to the following email address at least 5 days prior to the exam open date:
Electronic test materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At least 48 hours before the scheduled exam, contact the UH Hilo Testing Center to confirm that all necessary materials have been received.
Important Reminders for Distance Learning Exam Takers:
- Contact your professor to confirm that all exam materials has been sent to the UH Hilo Testing Center.
- (for non UH System examinees) call the UH Hilo Testing Center to confirm that all exam materials have been received.
- Have a current government issued ID or school ID with you on test day.
- All items not allowed in the testing room can be stored in lockers located in the lobby area.