Go Global: France Summer 2019
Need another reason to study Business? How about a summer in France?
UH Hilo has been awarded a $20,000 grant for summer study in France and Belgium from the French Embassy in Washington, D.C.! The funds will subsidize participation in the summer program of ESSCA: Ecole de Management.
Up to ten students will receive money toward expenses for the four-week program (June 5 - July 4, 2019), which includes trips to cultural heritage sites, visits to the European Commission and European Parliament, and a stay in Paris coinciding with Bastille Day. Participants will study European economics, the history of the EU, international and cross-cultural communication, and French culture. Those who successfully complete the curriculum will receive six upper-division business credits. Essca is AACSB and EPAS accredited.
- Open to all undergraduate UH Hilo students. Priority will be given to those enrolled in a major, minor, or certificate in the College of Business and Economics.
- Student must participate in the entire Transatlantic Mobility Program (includes pre-departure sessions and the entire four-week overseas program).
- ESSCA has the final say on who is admitted into their summer program. For this reason you should not buy your airline ticket until you get your acceptance letter directly from ESSCA.
2,300 € per student.
What is covered
- Housing in Angers, Brussels and Paris (provided in carefully selected residence/hotels on a double-room basis)
- All breakfasts in Brussels and Paris. All lunches in Angers, Brussels and Paris (except when specified on all-day field trips)
- Official farewell dinner in Paris
- Transportation between Angers-Brussels and Brussels-Paris by high-speed train
- All field visits organized by ESSCA (including entrance fees and guided tours)
- Access to PC, internet and library on campuses in Angers and Paris
- Assistance by Course Director
What is not covered
- International airfare to Paris, France
- Airport transfer from Paris to Anger, France upon arrival and at departure
- Meals which are not offered by the program - breakfasts in Angers and dinners in Angers, Brussels and Paris
- Valid Passport (New U.S. Passport: $110 + $35 facility fee)
- International Student Identification Card (travel insurance) [$25]
- Money for incidental expenses (e.g. souvenirs)
- Tourist visa fee (if applicable)
- UH Hilo Study Abroad fee [$150]
Deadline to submit application
Friday, December 7, 2018, by 4:30 pm HST.
Complete the Go Global: France & Belgium Application Form.
Visit our Scholarship Opportunties website.