The Women's Center is here to empower everyone at the university by engaging in dialogues about Social Justice, Intersections of Identity, and serving those who may be dealing with issues such as domestic violence, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and hate crimes. We strive for equality on campus by:
- Providing a “safe space” where students can talk story about their lives
- Providing students with the help to find resources on-campus and in the community:
- Educational Materials about Women's Empowerment/Leadership
- Campus & Community Agencies and Organizations
- Free Condoms and Birth Control Information
- Providing students with policies on-campus:
- Providing students with leadership and empowerment
- Connecting students to leadership opportunities
- Providing students with educational and fun events: Women's Speed Mentoring, National Coming Out Week, Clothesline Project,Take Back the Night, and the Vagina Monologues, etc.
- Providing students with the opportunity to give back to their community
- Opportunities to be an Intern (ALEX or through your Academic Department), Work, or become a Permanent Volunteer for the Women's Center
- Working with local organizations such as the American Association for University Women, Zonta, Neighborhood Place of Puna, East Hawaii Prosecutor's Office...
The Women's Center is here to serve all students who want to be part of the movement to create social change. If there is anything you need or need help with, do not hesitate to contact us at (808) 932-7381 or firstname.lastname@example.org.