Who Qualifies for SSSP
A Student Must...
- Be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) as a classified student at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- Be a U. S. citizen, U. S. national, permanent resident (citizens of the U.S.-affiliated Pacific Islands are eligible)
- Have a need for academic support services, and show potential and motivation to be successful in college
- Be of low income (check with SSSP for acceptable income levels)
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree)
- Have a documented disability (documentation must be provided)