Outgoing UH Hilo Students
The deadline to apply for the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semester has passed.
Our office will be sending a series of emails leading up to your exchange process which leads you through the below steps. This information is also available as an infographic (png).
Step by Step
- Where do I want to go?
- Do they have courses in my major?
- What kind of climate/culture do I want to experience?
- Do I want to live in a rural or city environment?
Step 2: Find your NSE Office!
- Application (Word)
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (PDF)
- Pay application fee (note: the application fee is non-refundable)
Step 3: Applicant Interview
One on one with your Coordinator to:
- Get to know you
- Review your application
- Review the process
Step 4: Acceptance Email
Congratulations!!! Welcome to NSE! We will now work to get you linked to a college of your choice!
Step 5: Pre-Conference Meeting
All accepted students attend a pre-conference meeting:
- Meet fellow NSEers
- Discuss placement choices
- Review next steps
Step 6: Placement Conference
Coordinator attends and works to get you into a college of your choice!
Note: It may not be the first choice, so choose wisely.
Step 7: Placement Acceptance Email
You’re now accepted as a NSE student to a host college!
Step 8: PAF Appointment
One on one appointment with your Coordinator to:
- Fill out Placement Acceptance Form (PAF)
- Final opportunity to accept or decline exchange
Step 9: Post-Conference Meeting
Instruction from your Coordinator on:
Step 10: Pre-Departure Meeting
Receive t-shirts before you go, as well as instructions on how to cope with:
- Culture Shock
- Travel Logistics