Incoming Students Exchange Process
Incoming exchange students
You will be receiving a series of emails leading up to your exchange that walk you through the steps below.
NSE Incoming Exchange Process - Step by Step
Step 1: Congrats on Placement!
Congratulations on your placement to University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo!
With your home campus:
- Fill out your PAF
- Attend preparatory meetings
- Work with your home and host coordinator
Step 2: Apply for UH Hilo!
- Pay registration fee
- Submit copy of transcript to NSE office
Step 3: Health Forms
To prevent holds on your account fill out:
Step 4: Setting-up MyUH
Set up MyUH Services account! (Make sure Steps 1-3 are complete!)
Step 5: Pre-requisite Transfer
All accepted students attend:
Step 6: Class/Course Research
Step 7: Housing for UH Hilo
- Housing Application -- Be aware of housing deadlines!
Step 8: Financial Aid
Remember which plan you're on:
- Plan A: UH Financial Aid & FAFSA (UH Hilo School Code: 001611)
- Plan B: Host campus financial aid & FAFSA
Step 9: Arrival Information
Instruction from your Coordinators on:
- Airport Code: ITO (Kona is 2hrs away!)
- Airport Shuttle to campus
- Shopping at Prince Kuhio Plaza (dorm may provide shuttles)
- Hele-on Bus System
Step 10: Orientation
Welcome to UH Hilo! Let's get you settled:
- Mandatory NSE Orientation
- Recommended Campus Orientation
Step 11: Keep in Touch
Tell your campus what’s happening via:
Step 12: Mid-Semester Check-in
Both University Coordinators will email and check in with you on your exchange:
- Verify transcripts for return
- Prepare you for the realities of returning home
Step 13: Return home!
A hui hou! Prep for departure! Celebrate your exchange experience with your host campus and share your journey!