Incoming Students Exchange Process
Incoming exchange students
You will be recieving a series of emails leading up to your exchange which walks you through the below steps. This information is also available as an infographic. Download as a pdf and as a png file.
NSE Incoming Exchange Process - Step by Step
Step 1: Congrats on Placement!
Congratulations on your placement to University of Hawaii at Hilo!
With your home campus:
• Fill out your PAF
• Attend Preparatory Meetings
• Work with your home and host coordinator
Step 2: Apply for UH Hilo!
• Pay Registration Fee • Submit copy of Transcript to NSE office
Step 4: Setting-up MyUH
Set up MyUH account! (Make sure Steps 1-3 are complete!)
Step 7: Housing for UH
Be aware of housing deadlines!
Step 9: Arrival Information
Instruction from your Coordinators on:
•Airport Code: ITO (Kona is 2hrs away!)
• Airport Shuttle to campus
• Shopping at Prince Kuhio Plaza (dorm may provide shuttles) • Hele-on Bus System
Step 10: Orientation
Welcome to UHH! Let's get you settled:
• Mandatory NSE Orientation
• Recommended Campus Orientation
Step 12: Mid-Semester Check-in
Both University Coordinators will email and check-in with you on your exchange: • Verify Trascripts for return
• Prepare you for the realities of returning home
Step 13: Returning home!
A hui hou! Prep for departure event! Come celebrate your exchange experience with your host campus and share your journey!