National Student Exchange (NSE) is a group of colleges and universities that work together to provide students from around the country access to their programs. It is an exciting opportunity to attend one of more than 150 colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Guam for either a semester or an academic year.
If you qualify, you will become one of more than 110,000 students who have participated in the NSE program since its inception. Each school year about 4,500 students from around the country participate in an NSE program. UH Hilo was one of the first members, having joined the consortium in the 1970's.
Why go on exchange?
- To learn more about yourself
- To live in a different geographic environment
- To experience another college setting
- To explore a particular academic interest
- To gain knowledge about other cultures and people
- To recognize the value of your own culture
- To form lasting friendships with students from other parts of the world
NSE Coordinator: Holly Garriques
Student Services Center, Room E-209
Phone: (808) 932-7389
Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org