Updated: April 29, 2015
ACTURIAL DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: Applications for 2017-2018 scholarships will open in January, no deadline specified.
- Intent on pursuing a career in the actuarial profession
- Must have a least one birth parent who is a member of the following minority group: Black/African American, Hispanic, Native North American and or Pacific Islander
- Will be a full-time undergraduate at a U.S accredited educational institution
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, emphasis in math or acturial courses.
- $1,000-high school seniors applying for freshman year
- $2,000-college freshman applying for sophomore year
- $3,000-college sophomore applying for junior year
- $4,000-college junior applying for senior year
Deadline: Please refer to the specific scholarship deadlines on the website
Eligibility: Students of African American heritage
Award: Please refer to the specific scholarship awards on website
AIR / ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
Deadline: First come, first serve basis
- Must have a valid expense from an accredited school
- Be a traditional (part-time) ARNG soldier in an active drilling status
- Eligible beginning the day member joins ARNG, even prior to boot camp or AIT or while yet in high school
- Officers must serve 4 years after course completion
- Enlisted must simply remain in the ARNG during term of courses
- Members receiving an ROTC scholarship are not eligible
Award: Tuition Assistance
ALU LIKE INC. Hana Lima Scholarship
Deadline: Applications available December 1, 2016; Postmark deadline is December 29, 2016
- Be of Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- Be a resident of the State of Hawai‘i
- Be enrolled at least half time in a vocational degree or certification program in one of the approved educational institutions in Hawai‘i listed on the application.
- Maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA)
32 Kinoole Street
Hilo, HI 96720
Award: Tuition & books assistance for Spring, Fall, & Summer semesters
ALU LIKE INC. National Board Certification Scholarship
Deadline: Postmark deadline is December 29, 2016
- a Native Hawaiian educator and/or
- teaching in a school with a high percentage of Native Hawaiian students and/or
- has completed candidate preparation coursework.
Address: ALU LIKE, Inc.
National Board Certification Scholarship
2969 Māpunapuna Place, Suite 200
Honolulu, HI 96819
AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Deadline: March 1, 2016
Scholarship availability: November 1 - March 1
Be African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university, or community college
- Demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0, "B" or better)
- Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form
- Be a graduating high school senior or college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related scienceORintending to or already pursuing a degree in chemical technology
- Be planning a career in the chemical sciences.
American Chemical Society; ACS Scholars Program,
Department of Diversity programs,
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036.
Award: Awards up to $5000 per year
AMERICAN GEOLOGICAL INSTITUTE (AGI) MINORITY GEOSCIENCE SCHOLARSHIPS
Deadline: Application for 2017-2018 academic year is now open. Please refer to the specific scholarship deadlines on website.
- For Geoscience majors (Geology, Geophysics, Hydrology, Meteorology, Physical, Oceanography, Planetary Geology, and Earth Science Education)
- Full time students
- Be an Ethnic Minority
- Be a US Citizen
AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY Non-Traditional Student Scholarship
Deadline: March 1of each calendar year
- Applicant must be a member of The American Legion, Auxiliary, or Sons of The American Legion.
- Dues must have been paid for the two preceding years and for calendar year in which the application is made.
- Applicant may be pursuing training in a certified, trade, professional, or technical program, or a two-year or four-year degree program.
American Legion Post 3 Hilo, Unit President
PO Box 892, Hilo, HI 96721
ASIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDER AMERICAN SCHOLARSHIP FUND (APIASF)
Deadline: January 11, 2017
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2015.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit one letter of recommendation online.
1900 L St. NW, Suite 210
Washington, DC 20036
Award: $2,500 - $15,000