Peer Assistant Linkages and Support (PALS)
Download an application form today!
The Peer Assistant Linkages and Support (PALS) program is also offered through the MAAP office to provide support to freshmen students by linking them with upper division students who serve as peer assistants and mentors, providing academic and personal support. Participants receive assistance with peer advising and counseling, registration information, applying for financial aid, career development and study skills. Cultural enrichment activities and social events are planned throughout the year.
In maintaining UH Hilo's PALS statement the MAAP office is committed to “providing an environment that is responsive to the needs of a diverse student population.” This will be accomplished by advocating for equal access, fostering a climate that supports success, assessing student learning and personal development, creating opportunities that motivate and inspire students, and developing collaborative partnerships with faculty and others.
- Personal Counseling, Academic Advising, and Career Counseling
- Training program for peer assistants
- Mentoring Program for first year freshmen students
- Mid Semester Course Evaluations
- Cultural/Social Events and Field Trips
- Financial Aid Information
- Assistance with Completing Financial Aid Applications
- UNIV 101 Class
- Advocate for Specific Needs and Issues Regarding Minority Students
- Student Development Workshops
How Can PALS Help?
PALS matches students with peer assistants who are experienced college students and role models. These peer assistants provide individual support services to new students on a regular basis.
Weekly rap sessions are held to cover a variety of topics.
contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any website related questions or issues!