Report an Incident
Report an Incident to student-related services and offices below:
Use this form to report academic and behavioral misconduct which include, but are not limited to:
- Academic (Cheating, Plagiarism)
- Bias & Abuse (Discrmination, Harassment, Student Group/Organization Violations)
- General Conduct Issues (Alcohol and Other Drugs, Property Damage, Theft, Threatening Behavior)**
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of Students will follow-up with you and the student(s) to appropriately investigate, adjudicate, and resolve the reported issue/s. For more information, contact Dr. Chris Holland , Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of Students.
Concern for a Student
Use this form to share non-urgent concerns about a student’s well-being, which include but are not limited to:
- Academic (Communication that suggests extreme distress; academic work significantly deteriorating in quality)
- Physical/Emotional/Social (Displays of bizarre/unusual behavior; Deteriorated hygiene; references to suicidal ideation and/or suicide)
- Behavioral (Threats; Angry/volatile behavior; Angry outbursts/crying/extreme levels of conversations)**
A member of the Care Team will follow-up with you and the student(s) to provide them with resources, and ensure their well-being. For more information, contact Dr. Chris Holland , Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of Students.
Use this form to report incidents of sexual misconduct which include, but are not limited to: Sexual Assault, Sexual Violence, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Discrimination, Interpersonal Relationship Violence, Indecent Exposure, Stalking, Retaliation
UH Hilo encourages everyone to report instances of sexual misconduct or gender discrimination. Support and access to many university resources such as a confidential advocate, counseling services, and medical services is available.
Contact Dr. Jennifer L. Stotter , Title IX Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Academic Complaint Process
Students may file a complaint with the Division of Academic Affairs if it is believed that a faculty member has failed to meet reasonable standards of academic propriety.
Students are strongly encouraged to first resolve the complaint on an informal basis with the faculty member and/or the faculty member’s Discipline/Department Chairperson.
If still no resolution is reached, students may bring the matter to the Dean of the College. Physical copies of the academic complaint policy are also available in the offices of the dean or director of each college, as well as in the office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
For more information, please contact the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at (808) 932-7332.
Use this form to report incidents of student conduct violations that take place within the campus residence halls which include, but are not limited to:
- Alcohol & Other Drugs (Intoxication, Open Container, Smoking or use of controlled substances, Underage Possession or Consumption)
- Room & Hall Issues (Decorations, Room Alterations, Fire Safety)
- Noise & Guest Policy
A University Housing staff member or the Director of Student Conduct will follow-up with you and the student(s) to investigate, appropriately adjudicate, and resolve the reported issue/s.
Silent Witness Report
This report is intended to assist the Campus Security Office and is not intended for crimes in progress or for emergencies. Dial 911 or (808) 974-7911 in those instances.
All tips remain anonymous and University Security will respond depending on the information submitted.
To report an incident not covered in one of the areas above, please contact the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at (808) 932-7445.