You can reach us by phone at 808-932-7355, via email at email@example.com, or by visiting the Student Employment Office in-person, during our normal office hours Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm HST.
On this page:
Each Person Travels a Different Path, and We Can All Learn From Their Footprints Left Behind
- Billy Glading, Founder of Candid Career
What Does Candid Career Offer UH Hilo Students?
- Personal and Honest Information. Real people sharing real experiences!
- Variety and Diversity. Thousands of 1-2 minute video interviews with professionals in a wide variety of careers. Search videos by Industry, Career Title, Major, College Attended, City/State, Company, Advice Topic, and more!
- Practical Advice. Interviewees share insights about their jobs, including the education, training, skills, aptitudes, and experience necessary to get hired.
- Convenience. Available 24/7 and anywhere internet is! Easy navigation and robust search capabilities allow users to quickly find career interviews that match your interests.
- Current. Hundreds of new career profiles are added annually on average.
- "Get Hired" Videos. Hear from industry professionals giving advice tips on specific topics such as Resume Writing, Interviewing, Networking, Career Fairs, Internships, Grad School, and much more!
How To Fill Out Common Resume Sections
Common Resume Questions
The Biggest Resume Red Flags
Resume Writing Do's and Dont's
Preparing a Cover Letter
The Biggest Interview Mistakes
How to Ace Your Face-to-Face
Phone Interview Tips
The Reverse Interview
Dress For Success
Dress For Success (Women)
Dress For Success (Men)
Dress For Success (Gender Inclusive)
Women's Business Formal Vs. Casual
Men's Business Formal Vs. Casual
Creating Your Brand
Building Your Person Brand
Understanding Your Value
Delete Any Bad Pictures
Using LinkedIn Effectively
5 Meaningful Conversations
How to Work a Career Fair
Career Fair Advice
10 Tips to Impress at a Virtual Career Fair