Meeting Schedule and Notes
- June 16, 2020: Charge and first conversation
- July 22, 2020: Learning from our networks
- August 26, 2020: Narrowing focus, finding direction
- September 29, 2020: Digging deeper into identified projects
- October 20, 2020: Moving projects forward
- November 17, 2020: Focus on our upcoming projects set for Spring semester
- December 15, 2020: Continued focus on our upcoming projects set for Spring semester
- January 25, 2021: A look at our project progress and challenges and the bigger picture
- February 26, 2021: Project updates and discussion of UH Hilo's strategic planning thematic goals and how they intersect with relationships
- March 31, 2021: Project updates and discussion of UH Hilo's strategic planning thematic goals, strategies, and actions and how they intersect with relationships
- April 23, 2021: Project updates and discussion of UH Hilo's strategic planning strategies and actions and how they intersect with relationships
- May 20, 2021: Project updates and plans for the future
- June 29, 2021: Combined meeting
- September 22, 2021: Re-engaging and looking at our action plan role
- October 20, 2021: Fall Wailau details and planning for future projects
- November 16, 2021: Discussing future projects
- January 27, 2022: Action Plan work
- March 21, 2022: Action Plan work continues
- April 11, 2022: Discussing an online recognition system and other topics
- May 18, 2022: Action Plan work and Wailau live
- June 14, 2022: Focus on Action Plan work
The Relationships Committee will examine UH Hilo’s relationships with stakeholders and identify potential actions that will both improve our campus culture while positively impacting student success. Stakeholders include current students, faculty, staff, the campus community as a whole, alums, donors, community members, business partners, prospective students, the UH System, research partners, the legislature and elected officials, or others. The Strategic Doing Committees are charged to consult widely and form partnerships in order to convert ideas to outcomes with measurable characteristics. Conversations will be framed around appreciative questions and pre-planning evidence will serve as a resource throughout the process.
Strategic Doing principles will help guide the Doing Committees:
- UH Hilo has a responsibility to build a prosperous, sustainable future for ourselves and future generations of faculty, staff, and students. This responsibility significantly impacts our community, the region, and the world.
- Leadership should be a shared characteristic of the committee, because it will allow the group to tap into varying abilities and perspectives to meet our complex challenges.
- No individual or organization can build a future alone. Projects that forge and leverage connections across units or involve collaboration among many stakeholders are particularly important. Strategy has to be a team effort and true collaboration involves linking, leveraging, and aligning resources.
- Open, honest, focused, and caring collaboration among participants is the path to accomplishing clear, valuable, shared outcomes.
- Belief in doing, not just talking is a key to moving us forward.
- Efforts must align with UH Hilo’s values. Core Values: Diversity, Student-Focus, Relationship-Oriented. Aspirational Values: Collaboration, Integrity, Passion, Innovation