What is Planning Success?
UH Hilo’s strategic plan details our shared mission and work toward our shared vision. Therefore, the process of creating this strategic plan was collective, with significant input from stakeholders including faculty, staff, students, alumni, research partners, and community members. Meaningful participation by our ‘ohana in listening sessions, meetings, workshops, retreats, surveys, and a summit contributed this plan.
E Ala e Kaʻū, Kahiko O Mākaha;
E Ala e Puna, Puna Kumākaha;
E Ala e Hilo Naʻau Kele!
A rallying call.
The names are found in Kaʻū and Puna chants of the chiefs.
The Mākaha and Kumākaha were originally one.
Some moved to Puna and took the name Kumākaha
(Hawaiian proverb 260)
- 2021-2031 Strategic Plan Home
- What is Planning Success?
- Our Process and Journey
- Our Strategic Clarity
- Our Vision
- Strategic Thematic Goals to Realize Our Vision
- Action Plans
- Measuring and Evaluating Success
- Papa Wehewehe ʻŌlelo/Glossary
- Download the 2021-2031 UH Hilo Strategic Plan as a PDF