Visit UH Hilo's current strategic planning dashboard to view action plan progress.
Using stakeholder input, action plans and strategies advance the university’s thematic goals. Action plans do not change programs, but highlight areas of focus for our campus or programs, while we continue to do what we do well. Ideas and proposals for action plans will be weighed relative to strategic goals as a means of prioritization and selection.
While there is not a strategy that relates to each aspect of a particular goal, the first action plan strategies were developed using the following criteria:
- It is a high-priority effort that will significantly advance achievement of the university’s strategic goals.
- It is feasible to initiate or accomplish within one or two academic years.
- It positively impacts student success.
Subsequent action plans will cover additional aspects of the strategic goals as the needs and opportunity for making advancements are identified. The action plans make our strategic plan a living document, one that the entire campus uses together to advance UH Hilo’s vision for the future.
When work on initiatives begins, an implementation plan will assist in resourcing (financial, human, facility) action items and deliverables. Monetary funding is critical. Increased diversified and sustainable funding sources will help us to succeed and will assist in advancing equity and access. It is crucial that we look to increase funding through state monies, grants, fundraising, corporate support, and other forms of institutional support. Expanded development efforts will increase annual giving that supports programs, scholarships, faculty, research, infrastructure projects, and more, all while assisting our donors in meeting their philanthropic goals.
- 2021-2031 Strategic Plan Home
- What is Planning Success?
- Our Process and Journey
- Our Strategic Clarity
- Our Vision
- Strategic Thematic Goals to Realize Our Vision
- Action Plans
- Measuring and Evaluating Success
- Papa Wehewehe ʻŌlelo/Glossary
- Download the 2021-2031 UH Hilo Strategic Plan as a PDF