New Campus Recreation Facility Usage Policies and Guidelines
- Face coverings are required for the entire facility while working out and on the pool deck (face coverings are not required while swimming).
- Photo ID is required and must be presented at check in
- Everyone must sign-up online at https://hilo.hawaii.edu/rec/signup/
- Hand Sanitation stations will be located at the entry and around the facility, please ensure to sanitize.
- You must bring your own towel, there is no towel service at this time.
- There are no locker rentals at this time, please bring your items in a bag that is easy to carry from place to place with you.
- Outdoor showers and water fill stations will be open. The CDC guidelines for recreation encourages best practices of showering and changing at home.
- In coordination with the guidelines from the CDC, no blow dryers are allowed at this time. One person per changing bench/area.
- You are allowed in the facility during your time slot, please plan on leaving by the end of the time slot, to allow for cleaning.
- You must plan to leave the facility promptly at the end of each timeslot.
- If you shower or change, please allow the time you need to promptly exit the bldg promptly at closing (8am, 10am, 12pm etc).
- You can cancel online or call the front desk to cancel your spot and sign up for another timeslot.
Swimming pool Guidelines
- Swimming Pool will be available for lap swimming only - One person per lane.
- Your items can be left on the chair at the end or your lane
Weight and Cardio Area Guidelines
- Face covering is required at all times while working out on all machines including cardio.
- Use gym wipes in the free weight area for dumbbells, barbell handles, seat and back pads.
- Do not cross over or walk in other pods that are occupied.
- Use disinfectant spray for cardio machine handrails, monitor and front cover.
- Do not hold onto the monitors or screen of the treadmills.
- Only one person should retrieve dumbbells at one time. Wait in your pod until the person returns to their pod.
Hours and Sign-up
Programming - To sign up for programming notifications about zoom sessions, classes, outdoor events, and equipment rentals. Please use this sign-up form
Our first revised program is an exercise challenge!! Please check out our Kukini Run challenge page!