10 Year Anniversary Celebration
Pu’uli’i (little hill) Basketball Court is open!
This is located up the small hill next to the parking office. This area features a basketball court, solar picnic tables, water fountain, gazebo and even a BBQ grill! The entire are is equipped with wifi and is perfect for hanging out, playing a game or studying!
Fall Memberships now Available!
The Campus Recreation Department offers current Hawaiʻi Community College (Hawaiʻi CC) Student Membership.
Faculty/Staff Memberships are available year round! Faculty and Staff Memberships.
Campus Recreation's Survey - Fill it out to help us keep amazing programming and add more options for students!!
10th Anniversary Celebration!
Come and celebrate 10 years of operation at the Student Life Center with our 10 commemorative events!
- Pool Party- (date TBD due to weather conditions during the first week of school) – Come join our new students as they partake in the annual pool party to start the semester!
- Outdoor Adventure- Submarine Ride September 1st! This is a chance to explore the underwater world on the Atlantis Submarine, plus enjoy some snorkeling afterward!
- Hilo Bay Boat Trip- September 2nd! Take a cruise aboard our vessel SEEKING ADVENTURES to see the amazing Hilo Bay area
- Hapuna Beach Trip- September 8th 2018 This is a trip to the beautiful white sand beach in Kona. It is a fun day of relaxing in the sun and getting to meet new students!
- CPR Saturday – Sept 8th! Come take a CPR class with Campus Recreation and refresh your skills and safety knowledge.
- Wilderness and Remote First Aid Class- Sept 21st and 22nd Add to your skills by going beyond and learning more about the basics of first in a wilderness setting!
- Dodgeball- October Aside from the nightly Intramural events hosted by Campus Recreation, come and show off your skills with our annual Glow-in-the-Dark Dodgeball competition! It is always a favorite
- Spin Class- Every Monday-Wednesday-Friday @6:45 am Come and get fit with your new fitness pal, the spin bike. This challenging and rewarding class is always popular and is a great way to set yourself up for long term success.
- Underwater beach clean-up- October 6th Come and enjoy the underwater world with a SCUBA beach clean-up!!
- Fitness Day Fair - Thursday, Sept. 27th from 10-2p.m This is our annual fitness fair with various campus and community groups giving us a jump start on healthy living!
The Campus Recreation Department enhances the quality of life and builds the campus community by educating and encouraging participation in activities that promote healthy lifestyles, social interactions, and leadership skills. The Campus Recreation Department creates an atmosphere that encourages individuals to develop life-long involvement in recreational activities and is dedicated to meeting the changing needs of a diverse community by offering quality structured and informal recreational opportunities.