Campus Recreation and Wellness Department
On this page:
- Visit our Outdoor EdVenture page --- Upcoming Programs and Event Information
- Visit our Imua Fitness Page --- Upcoming Imua Classes and Descriptions
- Visit our Intramural Page
Spring Validation & Membership is Required (Cost: $78 for the entire Semester).
Reservations or timeslot sign-ups are no longer required for the Gym or Pool.
You must sign up for the Fitness Classes, Outdoor Adventure, Intramurals and ESport Gaming.
Face covering is optional inside of the Student Life Center.
Student Life Center Membership
- IDs are required and must be validated at campus center.
- For UH Hilo Students who are taking Online classes with a DCO validation, must pay the membership fee.
- Summer membership is $35.
- A DCO and CB (In person classes) validation does not require a fee.
- Fall and Spring semester membership is $78.
Faculty/Staff Memberships are available for purchase.
The Student Life Center offers current Hawaiʻi Community College (Hawaiʻi CC) Student Membership.
Alumni memberships will resume when space becomes available.
Pool and Gym Usage Guidelines
Locker rentals are available, and there are also lockers available for Day Use Only. All Showers are open.
Swimmers will not be allowed in the pool if less than 15 minutes prior to closing
If showering after a workout or swimming, please exit the facility upon closing.
|Day of Week||Hours of Operation|
|Monday thru Friday||6:30 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Pool closes daily at 6:00 PM||6:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
Sign Up for Fitness Classes, ESports, Outdoor Adventure & Intramurals
Virtual Fitness Classes
Follow a link to a class below to get the zoom link. See the calendar below.
Ke Alaloa O Kūkini Program. Start your Journey!
Ke Alaloa O Kūkini, roughly translated is "The Long Pathway of the Swift Runner". By completing the distance of the Kūkini’s path at your UH Hilo Student Life Center not only will you get active and feel good you will also earn a Ke Alaloa O Kūkini t-shirt! Start your path!
Equipment Rental Program
Overview of Programming
at UH Hilo is here for you! Relax and study in our lobby (with wifi) connection!
We have the following programs to help you on your journey to being the best you!
- The online fitness challenges such as the Ke Alaloa O Kūkini Run series,
- The virtual and in person fitness classes like Yoga, Zumba and more. (No mask required if social distanced)
- Learn activities with our outdoor Zoom info sessions such as which beaches are open, basics of backcountry trails at volcano!
- Thinking about training for a big race or getting in better shape? We have a online classes in health/wellness and where you can train around the island!
- Come in and rent a bike, kayak or paddleboard for social distant Activities
- UH Hilo Campus Recreation and Wellness is a part of Rec Movement. These are virtual fitness classes offered by UH Hilo and over 150 other colleges Campus Recreation Departments across the country. Visit the sign-up page to get more information!
To sign-up and take any of these classes Sign-up Here
- MWF - Virtual Boot Camp with Camryn @1-2PM
- Mondays & Fridays - Zumba 2 with Gavin @6-7PM
- Friday - Zumba Social with Gavin @7-8PM
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - Beginning Yoga with Gregg @5:30-6:30PM
- Wednesdays - Recreations Lab with Gavin @7-8PM
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - Zumba 1 with Gavin @6-7PM
Tuesdays and Thursdays - Strong Nation with Gavin @7-8PM
Plus tons more online, live and on demand, through Rec Movement!
The Campus Recreation and Wellness Department enhances the quality of life and builds the campus community by educating and encouraging participation in activities that promote healthy lifestyles, social interactions, and leadership skills. The Campus Recreation and Wellness Department creates an atmosphere that encourages individuals to develop life-long involvement in recreational activities and is dedicated to meeting the changing needs of a diverse community by offering quality structured and informal recreational opportunities.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Campus Recreation and Wellness Department , as part of Student Affairs, celebrates diversity.
Campus Recreation and Wellness is dedicated to providing an inclusive environment with safe services, programs, and facilities that are welcoming to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, spirituality, gender, gender identity/expression, age, sexual orientation, ability, socioeconomic status, or national origin. In an effort to accommodate the campus community, we provide multiple programs and adaptive fitness equipment and facilities to address various skill, ability, and individual comfort levels.
Campus Recreation and Wellness makes every effort to be accessible to all abilities. If you need special accommodations for facilities, activities, and/or programs, please contact Tim Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org