Athletic Activity Proposal Form
What type of activity are you proposing?
Please select one of the following activities based on their descriptions
- Individuals or teams competing against each other in a physical activity using predetermined rules.
- Examples: Basketball, Flag Football, Volleyball, Softball, Soccer, Dodgeball, Ultimate Frisbee, Rugby, 5K race, etc.
Per University Policy, All Sports Competitions must be approved by the Campus Recreation Department.
Note: Please do not contact UH Hilo Athletic Department to request facility usage.
- Organized physical activity designed with the intent to improve physical fitness.
- Examples: Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Cross-fit, etc.
Per University Policy, All Fitness Activities must be approved by the Campus Recreation Department.
- Physical Education Classes (i.e. Kinesiology, CCE) and Athletics (Strength and Conditioning Coaches) are approved to administrate Fitness Activities.
- Organized physical activity, non-competitive in nature
- Examples: Hiking, surfing, sailing, jogging, martial arts, snorkeling, scuba, beach clean up, swimming, etc.
Per University Policy, All Recreational Activities must be approved by the Campus Recreation Department - Even if they are off campus.
- Low risk of injury, minimal physical exertion.
- Examples: Ping pong, billiards, shuffle board, chess, video games, foosball, poker, horseshoes, car wash, cookout, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do we need Campus Recreation Department's approval to put on an event?
- Due to the higher risk of injury inherent in athletic activities, the University Administration has mandated this policy to ensure the safety of students.
- View the University policy
- What if your proposed sporting event is not physical in nature?
- Non-physical activities may be defined by the Campus Recreation Department as a game - which does not require the approval of Campus Recreation Department.
- Is dancing considered a recreational activity?
- Yes, however, since dancing has a low risk of injury it does not need to be approved by the Campus Recreation Department. (Unless you are requesting facility usage)
- I am not sure where our event fits?
- Come talk to us! - Student Life Center - in the Campus Recreation Department Office, or email Tim Moore at email@example.com