Professional Development Committee
The UH Hilo Professional Development Committee serves as an advisory committee to the Chancellor.
The charge of the committee includes assessing faculty and staff professional development interests and needs; planning and implementing activities in support of faculty and staff development; creating an annual budget and action agenda; developing guidelines for the distribution of funds allocated for faculty and staff professional development, allocating funds for proposed faculty and staff development activities; reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of faculty and staff development activities.
The timeline for the committee's next round of awarding for the 2019-2020 academic year is listed below:
- Call for proposals: April 22, 2019.
- Deadline for submission: Friday, May 17, 2019, 4:30 pm (priority deadline; see Fund Guidelines for details). Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off attention to PDC Committee, c/o Kalei Rapoza , Administration Building.
- Announcement of awards: no earlier than May 27, 2019.
- Activities and projects being proposed must take place between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
- Kalei Rapoza , Interim Vice Chancellor, Division of Administrative Affairs
- Yucheng Qin , Associate Professor, History, College of Arts and Sciences
- Matt Kalahiki , Administrative and Fiscal Support, Campus Center, Division of Student Affairs
- Comfort Sumida , Senior Advisor, Advising Center, Division of Student Affairs
Ex officio member:
- Donnette “Lei” Kapono , Interim Executive Assistant to the Chancellor