Professional Development Committee
The UH Hilo Professional Development Committee serves as an advisory committee to the Chancellor.
The charge of the committee includes assessing faculty and staff professional development interests and needs; planning and implementing activities in support of faculty and staff development; creating an annual budget and action agenda; developing guidelines for the distribution of funds allocated for faculty and staff professional development, allocating funds for proposed faculty and staff development activities; reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of faculty and staff development activities.
The timeline for the committee's next round of awarding for the 2017-2018 academic year is listed below:
- Call for proposals: April 20, 2017.
- Deadline for submission: Friday, May 5, 2017, 4:00 pm (priority deadline; see Fund Guidelines for details). Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off attention to PDC Committee, c/o Kalei Rapoza, Auxiliary Services Building, Room 106.
- Announcement of awards: no earlier than May 22, 2017.
- Activities and projects being proposed must take place between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
- Kalei Rapoza, Director, Human Resources
- Kurt Dela Cruz, Senior Advisor , Advising Center
- Shana Kaneshiro, Counselor, Financial Aid Office
- Janet Ray, Professor, Education; Professional Development Liaison
- Michael Shintaku, Professor, College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resource Management; Chair, Faculty Congress
Ex officio member:
- Gail Makuakāne-Lundin, Interim Executive Assistant to the Chancellor