Free Airport Shuttle Service to Campus
We can help you get here!
We will have shuttles available to pick you up from the airport and bring you to campus. Our last shuttle from the Hilo International Airport (ITO) will be at 7:30pm. This service is free and is a way for us to welcome you to Hilo and into our ʻohana (family).
A Note for International Students
The International Student Services office will be providing free shuttle service to campus. Be sure to complete the online shuttle reservation form to reserve your spot.
If you need more information about shuttle service for international students arriving please contact the International Student Services office.
Reserve your spot
To reserve your spot on the shuttle, just let us know when you'll be arriving and we'll be there to welcome you.
- Arrange your flight (If you fly with Hawaiian Airlines, you may be able to get a discount)
- Fill out our online Shuttle Reservation form - Airport Shuttle Form
- Relax knowing that we'll be waiting for you at the Hilo Airport to welcome you to UH Hilo.
Things to note:
- Shuttle service is available for non-International students. If you are planning to arrive on a different day, there are some alternative transportation options.
- There is a shuttle service for International Students only.
- Shuttle Service is only offered from the Hilo International Airport (ITO)... Sorry we can't pick you up in Kona.
- The shuttles will pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the Residence Halls so you can check in to your on campus housing.
- For more information about living on campus, please visit the UH Hilo Housing website.
- The shuttles will not be able to drop you off at other locations in Hilo.
- The shuttles will not be able to take you to the mall or shopping areas.
- To be environmentally conscious, we may ask you to hang out with us for a few minutes while we wait for other students to arrive, so we can minimize the number of trips we make.