Fall 2017 Orientation will open May 15th!
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Welcome to UH Hilo! New Student Orientation is now open. Sign up here today:
- Register for UH Hilo's Spring Vulcan Orientation - January 5 - 7, 2017
- When you register you will also have the option to sign up for our airport shuttles from Hilo International Airport (ITO) to campus. If you don't have your flight information at the time of registration you'll still be able to sign up prior to December 28 using the following link: Shuttle Reservation for Spring 2017 UH Hilo Orientation.
Payment will be required to confirm your registration for Vulcan Orientation. In order to assist us in planning for these events we request you register by Wednesday December 28, 2016. Please read our refund policy.
Student Athletes: If you are a student athlete who'll be in training during Orientation, please connect with your coach regarding your practice schedule to make sure that you can do both.
If you have any questions or run into any problems registering, please contact us in the New Student Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 932-7384.
New Vulcans... are you ready for Orientation?
A few highlights from Fall Vulcan Orientation 2016:
- Your official welcome to UH Hilo the first day of Orientation where you will take a class photo with your fellow new Vulcans, and participate in the Vulcan Convocation welcoming ceremony hosted by administrators and the Deans of each college. You will proceed to Vulcan Convocation after the class photo and as you walk to the location, you will be welcomed with cheers and smiling faces by UH Hilo campus faculty, staff, and fellow students!
- The Evening of Aloha, where you will enjoy a delicious Hawaiian dinner catered by Sodexo - UH Hilo's main dining partner - in the Campus Center Dining Hall. You will be seated with a faculty member from your academic department, as well as fellow students within your academic division in order for you to create connections with faculty and other students in a more casual setting. You will also enjoy live music, performances, and speeches from keynote speakers such as the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs.
- Student and Parent Panels, where current Vulcans and their ʻohana will share their experiences with you and offer words of wisdom. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions!
- Your first step at making your mark on campus by participating in A Morning of Service alongside current UH Hilo students who are part of the many community service organizations on our campus such as: Circle K International, and Rotaract - the collegiate version of Rotary.
- Opportunities to explore Hilo on van tours and excursions, where you can become immersed in the rich culture and fun that the Big Island has to offer!
- Develop ʻohana and create connections with new, and current, UH Hilo students during various events and activities such as: Campus Involvement Fairs, and even a Pool Day & Pizza.
- And many other fun and educational workshops and events throughout the week that will help acquaint you with the campus and the many resources and opportunities available to you at UH Hilo, as well as teach you all you need to know to get started at UH Hilo!