Sign up for Orientation
Spring 2018 Orientation will open on October 18 and close on December 27. Reserve your spot today! If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to UH Hilo! New Student Orientation is now open. Sign up here today:
Register for UH Hilo's Spring Vulcan Orientation - January 4 - 6, 2018.
We offer free airport shuttles from Hilo International Airport (ITO) to campus. If you are an International student, you should arrive on Tuesday January 2, 2018. If you are a Domestic student, you should arrive on Wednesday January 3, 2018. Residence Halls will open on Tuesday January 2, 2018 at 9:00 AM. Due to popular demand, reservations are required. Please use the following form after your orientation signup is complete. If you don't know your flight information at this time, you'll have till December 27 to sign up for a shuttle reservation for Fall 2017 UH Hilo Orientation.
Payment will be required to confirm your registration for Vulcan Orientation. In order to assist us in planning for these events we request you register by December 27, 2017. Please read our refund policy.
Student Athletes: If you are a student athlete who'll be in training during Orientation, please connect with your coach regarding your practice schedule to make sure that you can do both.
New Vulcans… are you ready for Orientation?
A few highlights from Fall Vulcan Orientation 2016:
- Your official welcome to UH Hilo the first day of Orientation where you will take a class photo with your fellow new Vulcans, and participate in the Vulcan Convocation welcoming ceremony hosted by administrators and the Deans of each college. You will proceed to Vulcan Convocation after the class photo and as you walk to the location, you will be welcomed with cheers and smiling faces by UH Hilo campus faculty, staff, and fellow students!
- The Evening of Aloha, where you will enjoy a delicious Hawaiian dinner catered by Sodexo - UH Hilo's main dining partner - in the Campus Center Dining Hall. You will be seated with a faculty member from your academic department, as well as fellow students within your academic division in order for you to create connections with faculty and other students in a more casual setting. You will also enjoy live music, performances, and speeches from keynote speakers such as the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs.
- Student and Parent Panels, where current Vulcans and their ʻohana will share their experiences with you and offer words of wisdom. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions!
- Your first step at making your mark on campus by participating in A Morning of Service alongside current UH Hilo students who are part of the many community service organizations on our campus such as: Circle K International, and Rotaract - the collegiate version of Rotary.
- Opportunities to explore Hilo on van tours and excursions, where you can become immersed in the rich culture and fun that the Big Island has to offer!
- Develop ʻohana and create connections with new, and current, UH Hilo students during various events and activities such as: Campus Involvement Fairs, and even a Pool Day & Pizza.
- And many other fun and educational workshops and events throughout the week that will help acquaint you with the campus and the many resources and opportunities available to you at UH Hilo, as well as teach you all you need to know to get started at UH Hilo!
Parent and Family Orientation
New Student Programs does not host a Spring 2018 Orientation. You do have the option to join us on a campus tour.