Preparaing for the National Board for Professional Teaching - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Preparaing for the National Board for Professional Teaching
Location: UCB, Room 111
Mon-Fri, June 23-27
Teachers will learn, plan and prepare for the national board professional teaching certification through study and planning. “National Board Certified Teachers have demonstrated the professional knowledge, skills and practices required of an outstanding educator. NBPTS.” Teachers will examine and reflect on their teaching practices as they plan to demonstrate how they advance student learning with excellence.
Teachers will prepare for the rigorous certification process with the support of Charlene Miyashiro, a retired educator and National Board Certified Teacher since 2000. Charlene's extensive work experience in the Hawaii's D.O.E. spans over 34 years at the school, resource and district levels. She has also served as a board member of Hawaii Teacher Standards Board for 6 years. Workshop participants will find her knowledge, experience and natural teaching skills invaluable as they prepare for the National Board Certification process.
*National Board Certification is a rigorous, peer-reviewed teaching credential recognized nationwide. Teachers with National Board Certification demonstrate excellence in their ability to design learning experiences that advance student learning, have a strong command of the content they teach, use assessments that inform instruction, and have proven partnerships with the school, parents and local community.
Benefits of National Board Certification:
Strengthens teaching practice
Demonstrates leadership skills
Allows teachers easier mobility to move from state to state
Many school systems offer economic incentives to NBC teachers
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $125
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-974-7664
What's also happening?
Week of June 22, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.