Preparaing for the National Board for Professional Teaching - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Preparaing for the National Board for Professional Teaching
Location: UCB, Room 111
Mon-Fri, June 23-27
Teachers will learn, plan and prepare for the national board professional teaching certification through study and planning. “National Board Certified Teachers have demonstrated the professional knowledge, skills and practices required of an outstanding educator. NBPTS.” Teachers will examine and reflect on their teaching practices as they plan to demonstrate how they advance student learning with excellence.
Teachers will prepare for the rigorous certification process with the support of Charlene Miyashiro, a retired educator and National Board Certified Teacher since 2000. Charlene's extensive work experience in the Hawaii's D.O.E. spans over 34 years at the school, resource and district levels. She has also served as a board member of Hawaii Teacher Standards Board for 6 years. Workshop participants will find her knowledge, experience and natural teaching skills invaluable as they prepare for the National Board Certification process.
*National Board Certification is a rigorous, peer-reviewed teaching credential recognized nationwide. Teachers with National Board Certification demonstrate excellence in their ability to design learning experiences that advance student learning, have a strong command of the content they teach, use assessments that inform instruction, and have proven partnerships with the school, parents and local community.
Benefits of National Board Certification:
Strengthens teaching practice
Demonstrates leadership skills
Allows teachers easier mobility to move from state to state
Many school systems offer economic incentives to NBC teachers
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $125
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7664
What's also happening?
- Martin Luther King Day - Student Life Center is CLOSED
- The Student Life Center will be CLOSED on Monday January 18th.
- Hohonu Submissions are Open!
- Every year, Hohonu publishes an academic journal filled with papers submitted by students. Submissions are accessed by the Hohonu staff and from there are either accepted into the editing process or denied. ...
- Kanilehua Visual Poetry Event
- The Kanilehua team is accepting requests for Kailehua to send out take-home materials to create a piece of "visual poetry" - poetry that incorporates elements of both visual art and literature. ...
- BOSP Secretary Open Position
- Open Position with the Board of Student Publications! Secretary Applicant Must be a UH HILO STUDENT IN GOOD ACADEMIC STANDING, HAVE A MINIMUM GPA OF 2.0, AND MUST BE ENROLLED IN AT LEAST SIX CREDITS. ...
- BOSP Publicist Open Position
- Open Position with Board of Student Publications! Publicist Applicant Must be a UH Hilo Student in good academic standing, have a minimum GPA of 2.0, and must be enrolled in at least six credits. ...
- 2021-22 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2021-22 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2020. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2021! Deadline for ...
- Now Accepting UHHSA Hilo Ambassador Applications
- Calling all UH Hilo students! Your UH Hilo Student Association's (UHHSA) Hilo Ambassador program is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year. ...
- RISO Registration for 2020-2021 is now open
- The 2020-2021 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 26, 2021 at 4:30pm. ...
- 2021-22 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2020, students can complete their 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2021. ...
- UHHSA Care Packages
- Aloha students! We at the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) know how difficult this academic year has been! For students who have had a tough time getting to campus, and for students who have had a tough time having ...
- UHHSA Applications Open! Apply Now!
- UHHSA Applications are open. The University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is responsible for representing the entire student body and improving the lives of UH Hilo students via methods including, but not limited to, advocacy and ...
- Student Arts Association
- Announcement of Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings Meet your fellow artists! All UH Hilo students are welcome! Social time to brainstorm creative ideas for our networking and activities. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.