The Merits of going to Conferences - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Merits of going to Conferences
Location: Edith Kanaka`ole Hall 277
Have you heard of academic conferences put on by a society or association in your field? Ever wondered what happens at such conferences and why people go? Are you wondering why you might want to go to one?
We would like to introduce you to the merits of going to conferences. With being immersed into a subject, the amount you can learn and the people you can meet, conferences are an important part of virtually every academic field from physics, math and engineering, to modern art, performance art, and fiction writing.
Find out what a conference style presentation is like and hear about the experience from people who have been to a conference; Kuikapiko anthropology club is hosting a set of presentations on the merits and experience of going to a conference this Tuesday April 15 starting at 3:30 in Edith Kanaka`ole Hall room 277.
For more information, contact: Kpac@hawaii.edu
What's also happening?
Week of April 13, 2014Next →
Holiday observed: Good Friday
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.