The Clothesline Project - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Clothesline Project
Location: NEW Student Services Center Lanai at UH Hilo
The Clothesline Project was created to bring awareness to the issue of violence against women. In an effort to express themselves, women who were affected by violence were asked to decorate t-shirts that would later be hung on a line for public display. The intent was to honor survivors and while promoting awareness of these crimes. In recognition of Victims’ Rights Week an annual commemoration to promote victims’ rights and service available to victims, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney will be creating a clothesline project to not only bring awareness for violence against women, but awareness of crimes of violence in all of our community. The clothesline will be displayed on Wednesday, April 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.at the New Student Services Center at UH Hilo. Supplies will be available for anyone who wishes to make a t-shirt to display on the line. In addition, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney will display informational material regarding services for crime victims.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Week of April 6, 2014Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.