The Clothesline Project - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Clothesline Project
Location: NEW Student Services Center Lanai at UH Hilo
The Clothesline Project was created to bring awareness to the issue of violence against women. In an effort to express themselves, women who were affected by violence were asked to decorate t-shirts that would later be hung on a line for public display. The intent was to honor survivors and while promoting awareness of these crimes. In recognition of Victims’ Rights Week an annual commemoration to promote victims’ rights and service available to victims, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney will be creating a clothesline project to not only bring awareness for violence against women, but awareness of crimes of violence in all of our community. The clothesline will be displayed on Wednesday, April 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.at the New Student Services Center at UH Hilo. Supplies will be available for anyone who wishes to make a t-shirt to display on the line. In addition, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney will display informational material regarding services for crime victims.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of April 6, 2014Next →
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.