College of Pharmacy HPV Project Focus Group Meeting - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
College of Pharmacy HPV Project Focus Group Meeting
Location: Room 111 in the K building (Kanaka'ole Hall)
This school year the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy is partnering up with the John A. Burns School of Medicine at UH Mānoa and the UHM School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene to work on the Community Engaged UH HPV (Human papillomavirus) Vaccination Research Project.
This project entails working with female student leaders to figure out ways to educate students about the importance of the HPV vaccine and to vaccinate those students who are interested. I have attached a flyer that further describes the project in detail. We are currently looking to collaborate with female UH Hilo students to hold a focus group in order to hear the input and ideas of female UH Hilo students regarding ways to spread awareness for the project and administer vaccinations. I highly encourage those interested to get involved, this is a great opportunity to contribute to an inter-disciplinary community service event.
The meeting will be held on lower campus on Thursday, March 13 at 5pm, in Room 111 in the K building.
For the female UH Hilo students interested in participating, please email me at email@example.com by Monday, March 10. Please sign up on this Google Document as well with your name and email address:
Thank you for your time and consideration! Feel free to email me with any questions or comments.
Special Restrictions: Female UH Hilo Students
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of March 9, 2014Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.