Wellness Wednesday: How to Live Heart Healthy! - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Wellness Wednesday: How to Live Heart Healthy!
This 1-hour presentation by Dr. Alice Davis of the UH Hilo School of Nursing, is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of how to live “Heart Healthy”. Key to this discussion is helping young people understand how life choices today impact health 20 or 30 years in the future. Metabolic Syndrome will be introduced and the importance of understanding how you can reduce your risk of heart disease by making a few lifestyle changes and knowing basic information about the “lipid panel”. Questions are welcome.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of February 16, 2014Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.